Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Enjoy Every Single Step In Your Journey


Have you ever had one of those days,
where nothing at all that monumental happens,
but by the end of it,
You have no idea of who you are anymore,
or what the hell you’re doing with your life?



I think, in career terms, that’s what happened for me right now. I know, as I grown-up, there is always a new areas of experience, where I have no guidelines, handle things badly, overreact, & get it wrong. And again, I have to face it & just deal with it. You see, when you reach at some stages of age on life, you might be surprised to discover you still don’t have life quite figured out. Especially, when your best plans are not working as you liked. Then, it’s leaning to a self-doubt, future-worried, and fear. All negativity starting to flash on mind, & self-confidence slightly fade away. Because, honestly, When everything in our life is right on track, it’s easy to believe that things happen for a reason, it’s easy to have faith, and also easy to give an advice or motivate others. But when things start to go wrong, then it’s very hard to hold on to that faith. It’s hard not to wonder what reasons these things happen for. At the first place, the whole story looks so predictable. Study hard, go to college, graduate, then find a secure job, planning pension, meet a woman, and built a family. But in reality, even to get all of those predictable story arc, are not as simple as it sounds.


The real problem starts now, near around my mid-20′s, when I get thrown out into the world to do “whatever I want to” and realize that actually, the majority of the time is just been spent for surviving and helping others to survive. Kind of a bummer, especially when I spend the majority of my early 20′s of days looking forward to the freedom of being an adult to chase all my goals. This realization is enough to cripple me. I know, the career path that I’ve chosen since a year ago will make me to deal a lot with uncertainty. Back to that time, I believed I can handle the challenge, and just being happy & excited to take it step by step. But, what I didn’t know is that dealing with uncertainty itself  is very stressful, especially when I experienced with my own-head to miss the best opportunity. And, I just can’t help myself to clear some air from all these future-worried.  

Yeah, surely, now is the kind of time in my life at “the down” phase,
and, maybe this is exactly the times to behave & learn a lot as an adult..
To measure myself at least once with nothing to help me,
except my hands and my own head..
Well, for now, all I can think about, is to take “a leap of faith” route..

No comments: