Friday, February 3, 2012

"Being in Competition...DARE U!"

The tittle of my article is really offensive manner. i am very sory to those who always living in comfort zone. i am personally hate with this word. yeah " Competition" the word which will distingush people into two kind, the looser and the winner.

Life is a a competition. I’ve heard many people complained about this statement. They argue that perceiving life as a competition would make life feel un-enjoyable and full with seriousness. Let me elaborate why I think life need to be a competition and will always be.

Firstly, whether we realizing it or not, competition will make us better. Being in a competition, someone will always try to improve his/her performance which in the end, whether (s)he win or not, will improve his overall capability. One of my professor explained why many overseas chinese and indians are more successful than their family in their home country. His answer is because these chinese and indians areexposed to a competitive world, either in US, europe, or anywhere else.

I do agree that our life need not to be a stressful life; however, I’m even more disagree if we think that this life is just to be enjoyed, whether not to pray to the God at all or doing the good thing in a slow pace. Having in mind that this is a competition, competition between us and ourselves and a competition between us and the time.

Lastly, in term of applicability, when I was a junior high school student, I think a round 10 years ago, even though I was studying in a countryside area, I always think that I have to improve my knowledge, because I want to be on the same level of competency with the students in Java (because java is the most developed region in Indonesia). When I was studying at the university, even though I was studying in the best university in Indonesia, I stress my mind that I have to be as smart and competent as the harvard student. believe me, all of this mind suggestion work.

Bearing in mind that we are competing in this life, it will makes us want to do more and to improve more. So, ready to be in the race? Good luck!

No comments: